Are you at risk?
Are You at a Higher Risk For Breast Cancer?
High Risk Factors for Breast Cancer are present in almost 50% of American women. Early diagnosis is key to winning the battle against breast cancer. Women at a higher risk need to follow a more aggressive cancer screening regiment. The new American Cancer Society Guild line is for healthy women that are free of any of the risk factors that are known to indicate a stronger likelihood of breast cancer. Knowing those risks and taking appropriate action will give you more peace of mind and a significant edge should you need to begin a fight against breast cancer.
Risk Factors for Breast Cancer
- Age… 95% of Breast Cancers Start after age 45
- Family History of Breast Cancer
- Genetic Mutation BRCA I and BRCA II
- Breast Density 50% of American Women Have Dense Breasts
- Personal History Previous Cancer, Breast Lumps, etc.
- Radiation Exposure Especially Before Age 30
- Pregnancy Factors No Full Term Pregnancies, Pregnancy After Age 35
- LifeStyle Risks Excessive Alcohol Consumption, Smoking, No Exercise
- Obesity Carrying More Than 150% of Your Ideal Weight